Saturday, August 23, 2008

Digital Camera Experimenting



Well, I'm experimenting with taking digital photos and downloading them onto my blog, something all of you have been doing forever. Bear with me. I'm new at this part of it.

So....I was looking for a disposable digital camera with no luck. But, Walgreen's had an Argus 3.2 megapixel camera for only $29.00, so I thought, "what the heck, I'd spend that much on a couple disposable cameras anyway".

Unless it's a completely stationary object, however, the photos don't turn out. I think I need to spend a little more, Please give me any suggestions! Is there anything decent for less than $150? I see almost everything is now 8.1 megapixel.

Anyway, a little description. That's my fine audio technica 3035 microphone, which is great for the female voice. Behind it is my Digidesign M-Box, which is literally Pro-Tools audio editing in a tiny box. I'm STILL trying to get it to convert audio files to mp.3's however.

And....if you look really closely at my iBook, you'll notice a good friend.

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Cannon has always been a great brand for cameras. How much are you looking to spend?

Lisa said...

Less than $150.00 Tightwad, I know, but I'm living without credit card debt right now. I'm playing it kind of close to the bone with the big Montreal trip coming up, and trying to fit everything in AND have spending money when I get there.

Contact Travis said...

Lisa - I have Cannon PowerShot SD1000 Digital Elph 7.1. Its 2 years old but it takes fantastic pictures and is really easy to use.

I checked and its still a little out of the $150 price range however it does have a less expensive sibling the SD750 which is retailing on Amazon for $169.

Also PC Magazine has a list of 6 entry level digitals that look like they are between 100-200 bucks. Here's the link:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2316830,00.asp

Lisa said...

Big thanks for all of this great information!!!

Colleen said...

Go with Travis... Canons are the best. I approve.

Kristin said...

I have a Canon as well and love it!! I don't know how expensive they are though....