Notice how one half of the fries have almost no gravy? Guess which side I ate? I admit I tried the gravy, but it simply did not appeal to me. The restaurant I went to, Dunn's, is famous for its' smoked meat (Dan, you'd LOVE it...) and the Poutine.
I think they seasoned the gravy with some nutmeg. At any rate, it was simply disgusting.
I nibbled on the side without gravy, and had some of the cheese curds. But about 15 minutes into dinner, the fries were completely soggy with the gravy.
I think Colleen put it best in her comment when she called them "Barf Fries". I concur. But hey, I said I'd try them.
5 comments:
Yup... I swear I've barfed those up after a night of drinking. Almost an exact replica. Glad you were adventurous though ;)
BRAVE!
The fries appeal to me. The cheese curds appeal to me.
The gravy.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHKKK
You only live once. I wish I could go there. Mmmmmm.
That does look kinda nasty and you are brave for trying it!! Now you can say you've tried a traditional Quebec meal!
ok, I'll be the odd person out. I LOVE POUTINE! The potatoes, the gravy the cheese melting just right, licking the gravy of my fingers, mmmmmmmmm. It's so good.
Post a Comment