Saturday, August 23, 2008

We Remember When...



One of the funniest things that happened during Miss Colleen's tenure as the KOMO 1000 News Afternoon Editor was her ritual, when she remembered, to remove her retainers before giving a breaking news report.

I wonder how she does it now. Does it happen just before a live shot, or, at some point, will it happen DURING a live shot? I can imagine an extra-long look at a still, while said retainers are removed.

(just kidding you, Colleen!) I found this photo and was dying to post it!

Happy Saturday.

2 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

I miss Colleen so much.

Colleen said...

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. I had no idea how much of an impression the clicking and sucking that is the removal of my retainers, made on you guys.

Miss Colleen usually takes her retainers out long before 5am so that she isn't caught on camera doing so. Although I have had to deploy an emergency retainer removal as the anchors were tossing to me last week. I set them on someone's desk near the flashcam... don't know who's desk it was :)

I miss you all so much, really. I wish I could transport you to KXLY. The newsroom just isn't the same without you!!