Monday, September 15, 2008

The Dog Beach

This is the dog beach at Seattle's Magnuson Park.  I must admit I copped somebody else's photo because I didn't take a picture, but you get the idea.

Dudley and I went there on Sunday night, as did almost every other dog in Seattle.  I counted.  There were more than FIFTY (yes, 5-OH) dogs with their masters playing fetch in Lake Washington, running up and down the beach, tussling with each other, lounging and just being goofy.

And then....there was Dudley.  He took great joy in running just to the edge of the water, gingerly stepping in, up to his tiny ankles, turning around and smiling at me.  "Look at ME, Mommy.....Look at ME!!!"  Seriously.  If he could talk, I'm sure that's what he would have said.

He played this game over and over for a good 30 minutes or so, before he got tired of it.  He also made a new friend with a little soggy pug named Oscar.  Sniff sniff sniff.  Woof woof woof.  Play stance.  Shake butt.  Shake head.  Shake entire body. Get Mommy wet with water from the lake.  

Very cute.  And then we walked back, in the super-bright evening sunshine, to the car.  Attempts to dry off his little lamb-y legs were futile.  So my passenger seat has little soggy footprints.  

God Bless Scotch Guard.


4 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

I LOVED your in person description today.

What a great day to be out there, too.

Anonymous said...

Very visual I could totally see Dudley. We went to a tracking and trailing class Sunday and ate lots of hotdogs (Lola not me:)

Kristin said...

I love this!!! Dudley sounds like such a cute little dog, and what a beautiful park!

Contact Travis said...

hahah! fantastic (Dudley has a similar reaction to 'swimming' as Sadie does.)