Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Greek in Montreal

A couple of my guidebooks recommended the excellent Greek food in Montreal.  But they didn't mention a moderately priced Greek restaurant.

So, I asked my Greek Bellboy.  He told me about Mythos, on Avenue Parc, near McGill University.  

Mythos did not disappoint.  It's in a big old house, where it's been for the last 50 years.  The waiters are all middle-aged or old men who have been there for years.

I ate outside on the sidewalk, and ordered the squid stuffed with cheese and capers.  It was served with rice and vegetables.  That's the photo below.  What I didn't get a photo of was the wonderful Horiatiki salad of wonderfully fresh tomatoes (the kind you can only get on the East Coast), cucumber, olives and fresh feta cheese.    

Dinner was wonderful.  I had a Greek custard with honey for dessert.  I forget the name.  But it was also outstanding.   And the bill came to $33.00 with coffee and tax.  



5 comments:

Colleen said...

MMMMMM! Looks so good! Kris and I ate Greek food last night, too. Oh and the name of the restaurant "Mythos" is a type of Greek beer. :) Cute.

Lisa said...

Oh rats! I missed out on the beer!

danielskiffington said...

That looks so good. The salad sounds great, too.

Contact Travis said...

make reservations for all of us next time!!

Kristin said...

Wow delicious!! It sounds so wonderful to be sitting outside eating that!