Monday, September 22, 2008
I Can't Decide
This is Josh Groban singing a medley of TV theme songs at Sunday night's Emmy Awards.
I was so embarrassed for him, but I'm not sure if it was as bad as all that. He's so talented, and he was clearly having fun with it. But when he burst into the theme from South Park, I just was so uncomfortable.
What do you think? Was it career suicide?
.....The other terrible moment for me was that Gawdawful opening when the male reality hosts had nothing to say, and their "highlight" was having William Shatner help to yank the tuxedo off Heidi Klum.
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i actually had to stop watching this. I didn't watch the emmy's last night, but this video was painful...truly painful.
I think he'll recover from this, but I hope he makes better decisions next time? Was this supposed to be funny? even the live audience wasn't laughing?
Yeah. No idea. I know it was the 60th anniversary of the Emmys, so maybe it was some kind of tribute? Oh my God.
Wow. I guess subjectivity is what makes the world go 'round. I honestly thought it showed just how talented this guy is-- and I don't even like his music.
I REALLY enjoyed it. I was hoping they released a version of it on iTunes--- it brought back so many memories of those shows.
And I also LOVE cover songs. I'm not trying to be disagreeable-- I just really liked it.
I thought it was unintentionally hysterical but I don't think it will hurt him. Awards shows are ALWAYS stupid and remember Rob Lowe recovered from dancing with Snow White? Josh Grogan will live on to sing mindless tripe another day :)
Wow that sounded rude! I meant in the vein of Snow White and Rob Lowe on award shows, not Josh Groban in general:)
Who is this guy? He has a terrible voice but in all fairness, he has to sing songs from sitcoms? Poor guy. I couldn't watch the whole thing. Had to turn it off after the Muppet's Theme...I am only one person after all..
Love you,
Linda
Post a Comment