Thursday, October 30, 2008

Scheduling a Phone Call


How complicated should this be?  Really?  

Recently, through Facebook, I've re-connected with a childhood friend.  We exchanged a note on the message function of Facebook, containing phone numbers.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I returned home from work Tuesday night to find a message on my voicemail from her.  She wanted to call again at the same time (4:30 Pacific Time) the next day.

Rather than frustrate her with a string of un-returned calls, I sent her an e-mail suggesting several times we could schedule a call, because of time zone differences, work schedules etc.

Sounds simple enough, right?  But here we are, on our 8th e-mail and we STILL can't find a good time to talk on the phone!!!!!

I thought communication was supposed to be EASIER in this new era!!!

What do YOU suggest?  I'm trying not to frustrate her and lose her again after 35 years!


2 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

The blog has brought me to a lot of old friends too.

I LOVE that part of the *brave new world of technology*

Colleen said...

Just pick a time and be there no matter what. Even if you have to cancel something else! Communication IS easier in the new era... maybe just not the kind of communication you're used to, verbal or face-to-face.