Monday, October 6, 2008

Today Just Got Much Better


It's the little things in life, you know?
Today started out as a typical rainy Monday. The financial crisis is looming large and dominating the headlines.
But I'm not feeling anxious or concerned.
No, not me. And it's because they're stocking FRESCA once again in the soft-drink vending machine!!!
There's something about those tangy, citrussy bubbles tickling my throat that makes me just smile.
I've always loved Fresca, even when it wasn't cool to love Fresca. It was the first diet soda I remember drinking. My mother bought some when she joined Weight Watchers for the umpteenth time sometime in the early 1970's.
It was the first time we had soda in the house. And she even let us drink some of it. YUM!!!
Viva la Fresca!!!

2 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Dog-gonnit- I left too soon. I would have been into the Fresca at least twice a day.

LOVE it. And like you, Lisa, I loved it even when it wasn't cool.

danielskiffington said...

I am ashamed to admit it: but I have never had Fresca. But now I'll have to try it.