I'm just a sentimental old fool when it comes to holidays. Especially Thanksgiving.I am weepy the week before, and on Thanksgiving Day, my mind wanders to Thanksgivings past.
I've never been to New York City for Thanksgiving, but every year, including this year, I enjoy watching the big Macy's Parade on TV. I love the balloons, the bands, the special floats, the especially cheezy scripts Today Show anchors have to read to introduce the floats, and the introductions to the performances by Broadway shows, pop stars and has-beens.
An anticipated delight this year, an appearance by Rick Astley!!! Will we all be Rick-Rolled in the middle of Herald Square? Does some parade producer have a real updated sense of humor? I can't wait!!!
The Rockettes just kick-lined their way onto the screen, and I found myself yelling at the control-room director for staying with the shot of legs that was breaking up digitally. It was so clear to me the camera was bad. A wide shot would have covered the mistake and saved the day!
.....I used to love line-producing live TV. Anyway, I'm working in a few hours, and am thankful for the nice dinner they will bring in for us.
I miss miss MISS big Thanksgiving Day dinners with a big, non-dysfunctional family.
Maybe some other year. For now, I am thankful for friends, co-workers, employment, my cute little house, my pooches, my health, and of course, my sisters and Mother.
1 comment:
and we are thankful for you Lisa! Happy thanksgiving :)
Post a Comment