Thursday, December 18, 2008

HAPPY UPDATE

After 5 agonizing days waiting for the test results, the vet FINALLY got ahold of me today and guess what?

After telling me Abbey has cancer, and an inoperable tumor and that I'd better prepare myself and Abbey for euthanization, I learned the test results show there is NO TUMOR AT ALL!!!

In fact, the test says Abbey has a very bad septic infection and will need some strong antibiotics. But it's NOT CANCER!!

I'll put her on the antibiotics for a week and take her to another vet. Please give me good recommendations!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

6 comments:

Anne S. said...

PHEW!!!!!! I'm soooo glad!!!

I bet the vet didn't call you because she was embarrassed that she told you the bad news.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm switch vets. I'm sorry but the gloom and doom was bullshit. Oops sorry but really stressing you out for five whole days? grrrr

Contact Travis said...

I agree switch vets!!!

this is SO fantastic!!!!! I am so so happy...what an incredible relief.

Sadie's doctor runs the Atlantic Veterinary Hospital: Dr Batteiger

Lisa said...

Thanks, everyone....and I really appreciate the recommendation.

Kristin said...

This is such wonderful news. I was worried about Abbey! I'm glad she's okay.

Colleen said...

OMG! I am soooooooo happy for this news! What an awful thing to have to go through, but what a relief when the news came it wasn't that fucking cancer. Harrah!