Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just Another Night Out

I thought Anne and I were just going out for Greek food at Yanni's Restaurant on Greenwood Avenue North.

Then, THIS happened. It got pretty crazy for a while, but it was all in good fun.
After the dance the dancer changed into her regular clothes.  She wore the black matronly dress and sensible shoes of a Greek grandmother.  You'd never believe she was the same woman.   

And didn't Anne look cute in her headdress?  The dancer accosted her with it earlier in the show. 


7 comments:

Anne S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne S. said...

I just wanted a little Greek Food!

Colleen said...

Gotta love the Greeks. Food is cause for any type of celebration, be it hugs, kisses, yelling, dancing... You did great! Opa!

Contact Travis said...

looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!! I've been looking for good greek food...is this place worth it?

Anonymous said...

Isn't technology wonderful. I'm on the other end of the country, but I'm able to experience the event along with you just a day after it occurred. I miss both of you fun young ladies !!! Bob E.

Lisa said...

Yanni's has, as former colleague Shawn Splane once put it: "good food to dollar ratio"....meaning not too expensive. It is not, however, the best Greek food I've had in Seattle. That's at Nikko's, a little hole in the wall place in Magnolia. but Yanni's is pretty inside and has a huge menu. (Miss you too, Bob E!)

Anonymous said...

What a blast. Almost makes me want to take up belly dancing. But do I have the belly for it?! I just don't know about that!