For the second time since December, I have trimmed my own hair.No, it did not turn out like the above photo. Just thought it was a funny picture. Poor little guy!
I don't think it turned out badly at all, in fact. This time I cut it dry, using my fingers as a guide.
I don't know why I'm doing this. A few hours at Gene Juarez appeals to me. Really. But for some reason, I just don't feel like going through the hassle of making an appointment, rushing to Northgate, fighting for a parking space, changing into a smock, sitting and waiting while Kyle finishes with his other clients, consulting with another one of the revolving band of colorists, making innane conversation with the colorist, saying "no, no no" to each product sales pitch, thumbing through back-issues of Metropolitan Home and Italian Vogue, figuring out what to tip, getting cash for said tip if I only have my debit card handy, changing back into my shirt, and walking back to my car, remembering I forgot to go to the bathroom when I was inside the salon.
It was a lot easier to stand in front of my bathroom mirror and make a few snips here and a few snips there.
I think going dateless for so long is starting to have quite an impact on me.
Don't know if it's good or not. Just different.
9 comments:
I love my Gene Juarez guy! But 65 for a haircut and 145 for a color started to seem ridiculous so now my neighbor cuts my hair. She's a stylist and charges 65 for a cut a color:)
As for the dateless thing I relate. As a 39 year old, hadn't had a date (well one long distance fling)in 7 years, chubby girl I joined match.com. Best thing I ever did. I highly recommend it if only for the free meals:)
I even blogged about it. I'll give you the link if I can find it
http://poorlittlematchgirl.blogspot.com
I met Mark there and have been happy ever after
Thanks for the happy hope, dog grrrrl. I'll check out your blog!
Good! Read it from the older post to the newest. Mark is Harry Potter:) I had more dates after him but after the second date with him didn't blog about it anymore.
I was utterly honest (brutally actually) about myself in my profile (fat, poor, crazy) and still managed to date like a 20 year old
Andy has cut my hair for 10-years.
What's LEFT of my hair, that is.
This made me laugh out loud. It's exactly how I feel about my salon these days! I really need to do something with my hair but just don't want to go there anymore. Actually had a dream the other night that I met a new stylist and knew everything was going to be ok because she had red hair too! Maybe I'll come over and YOU can cut my hair! It'll be fun.
hahaha I really like the haircutter Travis introduced me to, and he moved to a really low key, cute salon near Green Lake. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but I know the word "Bee" is in it. It's the BEST, and Mitchell is so nice to chat with.
Beehive Salon in Tangletown, just ask for Mitchell and tell him Travis and Kristin sent you!
He now cuts Curtis's hair, my friend Chris's hair, Manda was going to him for a while...
Grab a 9am appointment before work and he'll have you out in an hour, parking is never a problem during the week (its free) and as Kristin points out its very low maintenance.
though I think you've done a fine job cutting your hair yourself :)
Great suggestion. Thanks Travis and Kristin!
Post a Comment