Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday

I haven't blogged in a few days, been living under the covers, sleeping, working, playing with the dogs--the usual.

Yesterday, however, threw me for a loop.  I woke up feeling dizzy and woozy.  I couldn't stand up straight and my stomach was very upset.  I was sure I was coming down with the flu or the nasty virus that's knocked my sister out for more than a week.

So, I spent nearly the entire day lying down.  When I wasn't in bed, I watched movies.  "The Duchess" came on Netflix, and I watched it between naps.  I also put my favorite of the moment, "Wall-E" in the DVD player and let it keep me company as I dozed off.  There's something about that charming little droid that makes me feel better.  I think it's his "humanity".   Weird.

I also think I'm a little heart-sick.  I'm using the computer a lot right now.  Of course it's a constant at work, but now that I'm working with Twitter and Facebook at home so much, I am turning to it more and more.  I think I am trying to connect my heart with it, instead of human beings (or even dogs) right now.  It's how I operate.  If I can connect my heart to my work, my friends, my interests, then I feel the path is clear to proceed.

But computers have no hearts. And I think I am soaking in too much negative electronic energy.

Probably the best solution would be a retreat to a spa for a week.  Yeah, that's it.  Got any free week-long passes to a spa you can give me?  Wouldn't a nice massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, mud bath, scouring scrub and sauna push that electronic toxicity out of my pores?

This will be the first year since I arrived at my job, that we won't have the Mariners baseball games interrupting my air shift for half the year.  I was allowed to leave at 6 PM those days that baseball took over the airwaves.

Those days are gone.  

Oh well....




3 comments:

Kristin said...

Yes! Some "you" time sounds terrific! Are you still going dancing? That would be some nice face time. I've SO been craving to learn how to waltz for some reason.

Lisa said...

There's a waltz 3 advanced turning and pivots class I want to take that starts next month, but I haven't been going out to dances too much.

I think it's guilt over leaving the dogs alone, and just being tired of not being in a relationship. I feel like I'm always "searching".

But you're right. Dancing always knocks malaise out of my soul.

Anne S. said...

For the past half hour, I've been searching online for a retreat for a couple of days. I've been so sick, yes, but I haven't had a real vacation since you and Linda gave me that spa weekend in 2005. Looks like Portugal might not happen right now. I need a break, at least for a couple of days.