Sunday, April 5, 2009

THIS is a Movie Theater?

A couple of months ago, I received an invitation to "Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas" at Redmond Town Center.

I didn't have time that weekend to go to this plush, new theater to see a movie, so I just forgot about it.

Friday, I received another e-mail, saying I could visit ANY time, so I bit. I went to see Duplicity at 2:15 Saturday afternoon.

Tickets are more than $25 each, and food and liquor are extras. ( think later shows cost more than earlier shows---the website is EXTREMELY elusive)

But THIS is what greets you in the lobby:



The service is impeccable. And the artwork on the walls is beautiful. There are sculptures everywhere, servers who cater to your every whim, bag check, very nice private restrooms, and elegance everywhere.

This is the menu. If you click on it, you can enlarge it. I had the Chinois Asian Chicken rolls or whatever they were, and this amazing 3-serving dessert with carrot cake, banana cream pie and chocolate mouse in tall shotglasses. WOW! They also had Coke Zero...and a full bar. Didn't take advantage of that.



And, THESE are the seats:


They recline electronically, the table in the center of each two chairs has a "call" button for the servers. They gave me a blanket, in case I got cold. And there was a big storage bin underneath the arm rests of each chair.

So how was the move? Fantastic! And it was great being served with my feet up.

Would I pay those prices for it?

Well.....maybe if it was a VERY special occasion with a VERY special someone.....

Sure was fun!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Ooo! That looks so nice! I would totally go for a special occasion... not a weekend movie date... just a special occasion. That's expensive!

Kristin said...

I would go for a special occasion too. A movie I really want to see. Hmm. Maybe StarTrek next month. I'm glad to hear you liked it, and thanks for taking pictures! I've been really curious about that place.

Contact Travis said...

I'll just have Curtis pirate the movie, we'll watch it on our big screen HD tv, I can stay in my PJs, feet up, under a blanket...and Curtis can bring me food from the kitchen :)

but then I am cheap...looks like fun!