"Watson's Dad" gave a few pertinent comments about cutting back the hedge, which was empowering to me.
I tried to hack back the lilac bush myself, and proved almost completely incompetent.
So, yesterday, I hired "Mr Ho"---his biz. name-- to do the labor. Here's what greeted me when I got home:
Clearly, I need to plant some color, water the lawn so it greens up again, probably do something with seed and fertilizer (looking for more ideas, Watson's Dad!) etc.
But I think it's a LOT better!
One problem; I asked "Mr Ho" to remove 4 of the arborvitae trees that have died. They're still there. But, I haven't paid him yet, so we'll obviously clear that up before I write that check.
5 comments:
Wow! How refreshing! Looks good Lisa.
Lisa,
It looks great!
The harshest cuts come with an overgrown garden. It may take a while for the hedge to fill in but it looks so much better. I think you need some lush girlie plantings. I have some ideas but give me a day or two to put together a plant list. I am at the end of my 14 hour a day week and am dog tired. I won't forget and will send off some suggestions.
Great work!
Watson's Dad
looking beautiful!
Lush girlie plantings. LOVE IT! (they need to be simple too!!)
Thank you again.
And thanks, Colleen and Travis!
Very impressive Lisa! My mom has had yard service work done at our house before too. Those guys do magic!
Post a Comment