Friday, July 3, 2009
What a Day!
This is how it looked this afternoon at the Queen Anne Hill transmitter site when the entire KOMO Newsradio staff brought out their skill sets to make sure we stayed on the air with News, Traffic, Weather, Money news and performed under extraordinary circumstances.
Every show, starting with the 7-midnight show on 7-2-09 through the same show 24 hours later broadcast from either a cell phone, or at the TV transmitter site It was alligator clips, duct tape, basic equipment, ad-libs, limited copy, and one telephone line. One computer had Internet access. One didn't. Editor Jeremy Grater brought a printer in from his home. I brought notebooks and pens and lunch.
And I haven't had so much fun in radio in a very long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a great experience! Imagine if it happened to a bunch of Chippies who didn't have the experience that you and your team had! Radio the way it was created! Have a lovely weekend.
And it was FUN to listen to. You felt a real connection to human beings.
I agree, it really was fun to listen to.
It actually makes me wish we could do without more of the sounders, opens and music beds and just read the news (oh and I of course LOVED having an editor tell me, time was no object...and to go as long as I wanted)
Wow! I am actually torn...it would have been fun to do radio this way again, but it was also nice to be on vacation. Nice job everyone!
Post a Comment