For the first time in many, many years, I have become a part of a choir.I was accepted in the Center for Spiritual Living's "Choir of Light" last Sunday, and my first rehearsal with the group is tonight. Looking forward to it!
I have admired this organization from the audience for several years now, and am always impressed that they have memorized their music, and that their direction and pitch are flawless.
As is very typical for me, I am entering this new situation as it is also in transition. The man who has directed the "Choir of Light" just resigned, and an interim director is in place, while a new music director moves into the position. So, in many ways, we'll all be going through something new together.
An advantage for me is that I won't have to worry about changing procedures that have "always been done that way"--they'll ALL be new for everyone.
But more important than any of this, is the fact that I am getting in touch with a part of myself that has been buried for quite a while.
I have been afraid of singing in public for many years. Talking is no problem. I could talk in front of hundreds of thousands of people. But singing is very different. For me to connect to music, I must also connect to my heart. The two are so interlocked that breaking the line makes singing impossible. And that means I must be very grounded to sing with any power at all.
Must be time to connect!
Wish me well....
5 comments:
Congrats, Lisa! I'm very excited for you new opportunity, as I know you love to sing.
Does this mean you're going to start singing choir music in the radio studio instead of commercial jingles? :-)
Kiel Mortgage...one triple eight....seven seven eight. A "K" and an "I" and an "E" and an "L".....Kiel Mortgage!
(nope, I guess not!)
congrats!!! this is fantastic :)
At first, I thought the people in the picture were posing at a Star Trek convention. Oh geez!
Post a Comment