So yesterday, this adorable little guy wandered around the newsroom-- he was the Humane Society's KOMO TV Pet-of-the-Week.
His name is Dorian.

Of course I fell in love. Who wouldn't? All I could think about was how cute that 3-year-old Llasa Apso mix would look with my own 3-year-old Llasa Apso mix, Dudley. (Dorian is also a boy, by the way)
So I scheduled a meet-and-greet for the two little boys for this morning. Unfortunately, Abbey is sick.She has been coughing a deep, hacking cough for a week, and retches after each spasm. Nothing comes out, but there is clearly something wrong. She also ran away on Tuesday night, and I was an absolute wreck all night and into Wednesday, when I got a call from Seattle Animal Control that she had been found, about a half-mile away, on the OTHER side of Aurora Avenue (a VERY busy street).
I don't want to think about how she crossed that street.
But I can't bring a new dog into the house right now with Abbey having serious issues at age 14.
"sigh".
It's just not meant to be, I guess.
2 comments:
Oh poor, poor Abbey. I hope she feels better soon. She must have had a traumatic night recently.
As dogs age sometimes they can develop congestive heart failure (don't panic!!) where they start to develop leaky heart valves. The coughing could be due to this and your vet more than likely would just prescribe a diuretic to help. As a child I had a dog develop the same cough about two years before he died. It was controlled through medication. Take her to the vet.Dorian may still be in your future
Post a Comment