Saturday, October 24, 2009

Adding to the Family


Took the plunge and adopted this little guy from the Puyallup Animal Rescue today. I found him on Petfinder last week, and Anne and I went to meet him at the PetSmart in Puyallup where his foster mom and Sally from the Animal Rescue were waiting for us.

And, by us, I also mean Dudley. It was crucial that he like this little guy, and they did seem to hit it off.

So, he came home with us.

The kids at his foster home named him "Digil"...whatever that means. I decided to call him "Motley", because of his mottled coat.

So far, so good.......but about an hour into his time in the house he started peeing on everything. So he's in a crate now. I've been taking him outside to go potty, and sometimes he gets it and sometimes he doesn't.

So, here we go again! But you should see he and Dudley playing together. Very cute!!! And it's very good to have two puppies in the house again.

He won't replace Abbey, but he's a good addition.


3 comments:

Linda S. Silberman said...

Oh my goodness!!! Anne looks as happy as Dudley and Motley at the end there where she is scratching both puppies!! How sweet! Congratulations!!!

Colleen said...

He's adorable. It's always difficult at first with introductions. They seem like they'll be the best of friends soon enough!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! It's always exciting to welcome a new member of the family. He's so cute!