Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bittersweet Afternoon at the Dog Park

It was such a beautiful afternoon at the Greenlake Dog Park today.

There were lots of dogs of all shapes and sizes, chasing each other, kicking up dust among the trees, making for this beautiful photograph.

Dudley was a little less playful than usual here, and I think I know why.

The last time we were here, we were all here together. Abbey and Dudley and I did our usual 2 laps around the perimeter.

Abbey was a little slow climbing the hills, but I had come to expect that.

When Dudley and I walked the perimeter today, I just burst out crying at one of the hills where she used to struggle a bit.

My girl is really gone.

Dudley and I still had fun, but it was bittersweet.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

Thats an amazing photograph! Ugh, so hard losing a pet you love :(