Saturday, August 30, 2008

You mean you're ALONE???


This is not my breakfast.  It's close, but I was so hungry that I ate the eggs, bagel and EXCELLENT potatoes before I could photograph them.  Still drinking the coffee.

The potatoes, by the way, were like mini potato latkes, with a bit of chive in them.  Very good.

Sufficiently fortified, I want to write something I neglected last night.  When I arrived at Canadian Customs, I was grilled, for what seemed an extremely long time, about why I was traveling alone.  

Solo male travelers came and went, at the booth to my left, none with these questions.  I was asked (by a female Customs agent) if I was married, if I would be meeting my husband in Canada, why I was traveling alone, would I be meeting anyone to travel with, where I would be staying, would I meet anyone to visit during the trip etc. etc.  

I realize many of the questions are asked of anyone.  But trust me.  I have traveled alone to Tahiti, Australia, Belize, and many cities in the U.S. before, never with this intense level of grilling.

I think she was truly surprised that I was not going to a conference, meeting a husband etc.

......who knows.  Maybe I WILL meet a husband here...   :)

Off to begin my day.


4 comments:

Contact Travis said...

mmm...yea bring home a nice hunky french-canadian :)

Anne S. said...

YES - Get that Canadian citizenship!!

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Latkes. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sometime you'll have to have Andy's.

Delish!

Kristin said...

why are they pestering you so much about this? People need to realize its OKAY to be alone, to travel alone. But maybe you will meet a wonderfl Candaian.....