Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Sentiments Exactly!!!!

It was 3:26 in the morning.  BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!  

The music from next door was deafening, and I was in the back upstairs bedroom.  They were in the house to my left, and the music was coming from the front porch.

The loud voices started around 10:00 and were still going strong.

Dudley needed to go outside.  So, out of the bed we hopped and went downstairs and outside for Dudley and Abbey's potty break.  

The male voices were loudly debating the merits of nothing in particular.  And Abbey and Dudley let them know they were not appreciated.   Loud barking at the neighbors ensued.

I did not try to silence them this time, as I ordinarily would.  

Finally, one of them screamed, at the top of his lungs...."SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!"

Out of my mouth came a loud and forceful;  "MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY".

......silence.   footsteps down the front stairs.  car doors shutting.  car pulled away.




victory.






6 comments:

Contact Travis said...

hahaha, fantastic! well done.

Kristin said...

hahah awesome! How annoying you had to deal with that with the neighbors!

Anne S. said...

I wish you'd get a real person in that house, instead of renters. Sounds like the dogs and you really handled it much better than I every have!

Anonymous said...

I had a big huge Russian couple (both just huge tall!) who used to have ummmmmm....sexy time at 2, 3 and 4 in the morning in an apartment above me in my twenties, every night. I was young and was embarassed to say anything. At the time it horrible but now to remember seems funny. So I feel your pain

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Living in downtown Seattle for years and years, I experienced many nights like that with *the millers* and it about drove me out of my skull.

It's so nice to live in quiet little South Park with its occasional random gunfire.

Colleen said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Way to go girl! I love how they probably didn't see that coming. Bahahaha.