For the last time ever, there was dancing at the Mountaineers Club on Lower Queen Anne in Seattle last night. The Mountaineers have sold the building and the whole place is going to be torn down to make room for.....CONDOS! What a novel idea!
Anyway, it was a huge blow-out, with hundreds of costumed dancers, crazy DJ Ron Bolin, and prizes. I waited in line about 30 minutes, just to get a ticket to get inside.
And then I sat.....and walked around the dance floor, and sat again, and smiled, and made small talk, and sat. The only dances I had were during a "mixer" when the women line up on one side of the room and the men line up on the other. you walk up, meet in the middle, and that is who you dance with. So everybody dances.
Junior High School returned. I blame myself.....I was all in black, pants, long sleeves, with a shot glass worn around my neck. My costume?....."a shot in the dark".... OK, it was a theme thing at the last minute.
And work was stressful, so I probably brought that into the ballroom with me, although I tried not to.
I will not take it personally. I will not take it personally. I am a good dancer and a fun partner....really. I will not take it personally.
4 comments:
dont take it personally. I admire you for even going without knowing anyone. I dont even like to meet a friend at a bar unless I know for a fact they will be there first.
remember how often you are dancing at all the other events you attend.
this was a fluke
Yeah exactly, you are ALWAYS dancing when you go out. Don't take it personally, everyone has a night where they feel "off". I think the shot in the dark is a great idea! hehe. But I wonder what would happen to a shot glass during the turns?
You cannot take this personally! I always hear about all of your wonderful dancing partners... remember the guy from Hempfest?!? :) If it makes you feel any better - I was never asked to dance at any school function. If I had a boyfriend I was able to dance, but nobody would ask me. We're just intimidating women. Think about it that way :)
You guys are the best. I'm so lucky to call you my friends. Thank you!!!
Post a Comment