
I'm not sure if the title of this blog clearly states my point today, but I think it all boils down to my profound fear of decorating!
Some people have a gene that allows them to shift their environment, I think. But I don't think I was born with that one. I think I was born with the one that sets things up when they move into a place, and keeps it that way.
I also have a tough time envisioning window treatments, stuff on the walls, little knick-knacks on the tables and other decorative touches.
I think it stems from a fear of getting it wrong. My friend Terry LOVES to paint. And she loves trying new colors on the walls. If she doesn't like it, she just paints over it. And feels no remorse.
Not me, baby. I can make mistakes on the air, and just move on. If I mispronounce a word, I can shrug it off. But God forbid if I paint something wrong on the wall, or make a bad decorating decision. There's NO undo for me. I live with it. It's like I'm punishing myself or something!
So, I need to repaint the doors inside my house where my dog Dudley has scratched little lines. That's just about every door. But they're all WHITE. But my paint is a different shade of WHITE. How the heck do you match WHITE? There's like 45 different shades!
You see my problem.
5 comments:
I did not inherit that gene, either. Nature or nurture? That is the question.
I remember asking Mom for $50 to decorate my room upstairs in Decautr once, and she laughed at me. Maybe I turned off the gene at that point.
Get a decorater! That would solve the problem :)
Maybe this is a sign that you need to pick a white and since it doesn't match your walls - give your walls color! Hire Terry!
You know what helps me? Tearing out pictures in home decor magazines. Pick what you like and put it in a scrapbook to give yourself vision.
get a gay to do it (not me, I too was born without this gene)!
Post a Comment