Thursday, March 5, 2009

HUGE Change is Coming

I don't mean to scare anybody, but often in my life, periods of change or stresse are forecast and marked by tornado dreams.

   Frequently, the size of the tornado and the outcome of the dream mirror the change and the end result of the situation.

I had the mother of all tornado dreams last night.

In fact, my mother was in the dream.  This is her first appearance in one of these dreams.  

Small puppies (including Dudley) and my sister Anne were also in the dream.

We were in a very nice little house (not mine) and I heard reports about a tornado coming.  I looked out the back window and saw, at a distance, storm clouds and an ENORMOUS tornado coming.

I remember looking around the house, trying to find a place to hunker down, to be safe, but I couldn't remember which corner of the house to be in to ride out the storm.  

It seemed to take a long time to get to the house, and the puppies and I left the place we were trying to be safe, to find another place.

I remember going outside, with my sister, and looking at the tornado, and praying out loud for the tornado to "move to the right".   And, all of a sudden, it DID!

There were train tracks beside the house, and the tornado seemed to follow the path of the tracks.  The noise and destruction were HUGE.

Anne and I got carried along in its' wake for awhile.  It was FUN!  It seemed as if I was being swept along at the speed of a jet about to climb into the sky, but with no walls......no seat.  

I wondered for a while how I would land.  Would I smash into something, would I be tossed and dropped haphazardly?  Turns out I wasn't.  I was gently placed down, as was Anne.

I don't remember seeing my mother.  Dudley was there though, and he was pretty happy.

Then I went into the house, which was messed up, but not destroyed by the destruction, and went about with my life.

Lots to think about here, but some big shift is coming.   And, it looks like I'll be OK, if I'm connected to God, and ask for what I want.


7 comments:

Anne S. said...

Just roll with the punches and don't fight the change.

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Lisa. Have you read any stuff by Eckhart Tolle? Very Seat of the Soul kind of material. I think you would love it.

I do.

Also, remind me. When is our Zukav date?

Lisa said...

Our Zukav date is Friday, March 27th at 7PM. I forget the price, but I'll let you know when I look at them (on my fridge)

Looking forward to it! I have not read Ekhart Tolle, although my sister Linda is a huge fan. Does he write about tornado dreams?

Colleen said...

I remember you telling me about the correlation between tornado dreams and change... remember I had one right before I got the job at KXLY?!

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Thanks Lisa. Can't wait.

You will love Tolle. I just finished a passage in one of his books in which he talks about how our culture discards "old" people when they are so revered in OTHER cultures.

He just hits all the pitches out of the park in my book. Love this guy. And normally, I'm not an Oprah groupie-- but she spotted a GREAT one here. I do have TREMENDOUS respect for her.

Contact Travis said...

PPM?

Lisa said...

Personal People Meter...ratings device.