Thursday, March 12, 2009

Judge Not....

And yet....it's hard NOT to judge, with word that Bristol Palin and her babydaddy have called it off.

I just feel sad for everyone concerned.  

I'm sad that Sara Palin and her party thought they had to force Bristol into something she clearly wasn't ready for.

I'm sorry Bristol had to go through a very public pregnancy with the demands of society hanging over her head.

I'm sorry her babydaddy was thrust into the spotlight at a time he was just trying to "do the right thing".

Good for all of them for coming out with a decision that ultimately may mean the baby will have a happy and positive upbringing.

Sure, a two-parent household is a great way to raise a child.  Absolutely, the parents should be mature enough to handle the responsibility.

But I'm glad they've stepped forward and decided what is right for them.  

I wish them all the best.


2 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

DITTO to everything you've said.

Spot on. You are speaking my heart exactly.

I wish them only wonderful things. ALL of them.

Colleen said...

I gained a lot of respect for the young lady when she came out and spoke about teen pregnancy and actually contradicted her mother and 'traditional' conservative believes on 1.sex ed 2.teen pregnancy 3.sex and now obviously 4.forced marriage.

Good for her. Now hopefully they can both be a part of their son's life.